Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles, also called Konjiki no Gash Bell!!: Yuujou Tag Battle 2!! in Japan is a video game for the PS2 and Gamecube that was released by Bandai in 2005. It is based on the Konjiki no Gash Bell! anime series and Manga. It is a 3-D fighting game.
Every one thousand years, one hundred mamono descend upon earth to conduct the ultimate battle. the winning mamono becomes the mighty king of the mamodo world. There is only one problem - in order for the many manonoto use their powerful spell books, they need a human partner.
Kiyomaro is a brilliant but aloof 14-year old boy in junior high school. Kiyomaro's father, an archeologist, finds a mamono child named Gash unconscious in a forest in England. He sends the goodheated and mysterions Gash to be his son's menot. Gash has amnesia; he doesn't have any idea that he is indeed a powerful Mamodo! It is up to Kiyomaro and Gash to discover this together.
The unsuspecting Gash and Kiyomaro must defend themselves against the relentless ambush of mamono-king wannabes. Unbeknownst to their enemies, Gash and Kiyomaro have formed a special bond, which enables them to unlease Gash's incredible powers.
Story Mode: Story Mode lets the player choose one of six characters to play and follow their stories. There are a number of destinations to choose from, allowing the player to fight other characters in different orders. As the story progresses, more opponents will appear. The story is completed with all opponents for that character's story is completed.
Time Attack: This mode challenges the player to see how fast they can clear all eight stages. If the player manage to clear them using no continues, characters can be unlocked.
2P: Choose your favorite Gash Bell character and fight it out with a friend.
1P: Choose your character and an opponent and fight it out with the computer.
Develop Mode: Choose a character you like, and distribute points to raise their abilities.
Bonus Mode: Spend points to buy cards, view the card gallery, or input passwords to unlock secrets
Practice Mode: A mode that lets you practice with the computer as your opponent.
- Zatch and Kiyo Takamone
- Kanchomé and Folgore
- Tia and Megumi
- Umagon (Without a partner,Sunbean is only in the japanese version)
- Wonrei and Li-en
- Brago and Sherry
- Zeno and Dufort
- Bari and Gustav (American version only)
- Kido and Dr. Riddles
- Victoream and Mohawk Ace
- Laila and Albert
- Laila and Albert (Awakened)
- Zofis and Koko
- Milordo Z and Koko
- Maestro (Japanese version only)
Differences Between American Version and Japanese Version
- Maestro is only playable in the Japanese version.
- Bari and Gustav are only playable in the American version.
- Ponygon's spells and partner Kafk Sunbeam are only in the Japanese Version.
- Ponygon's Story is only in the Japanese version.
- Wonrei's Story is only in the American version.
- Several levels in Story Mode has been changed.
- The two versions have different methods for unlocking character stories.
- There are less cards in the American version.
- You can watch movies only in the Japanese version.
- The alternate versions of Zofis and Laila are treated as the same characters in Japan, while they are seperate characters in America.
- Zatch has a japan exclusive spell, Zaguruzemu