Beast Magic, also known as Animal Magic, is magic that involves animals (any life that can move), such as summoning animals including mammals (including humans), birds, reptiles (such as snakes, dinosaurs, or dragons), fish, etc. or empowering the user with animal-based attacks. This also includes mamodos (beast-like or humanoid) and artificial mamodos.
Definition of "Animal"
Animals (Kingdom Animalia) are scientifically living organisms that feed on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli. They are one of the six kingdoms of life on Planet Earth, along with plants (plantae), fungi (fungi), protists (protista), eubacteria (eubacteria), and archaebacteria (archaebacteria).
In casual terms, animals are often referred to as non-human animate creatures as humans often not see each other as "animal", but the modern humans species (genus Homo sapiens) are scientifically categorized as an animal (categorized under the Kingdom Animalia) and as a species of great ape (genus Hominidae).
By the scientific definition, mamodos are also be considered to be animals ("magical animals" to be exact), having the ability to move and think on their own will, as well having basic animal survival needs such as food and water.
Animal comes from the Latin word anima, which stands for "life," "mind," or "spirit." The prefix anim- has the same definition.
Types of magic associated with Beast Magic
- Dragon Magic: Magic used to summon dragons or use draconic attacks.
- Divine Magic: Magic used to summon deities or use godlike magic.
- Snake Magic: Magic used to summon snakes or use serpentine-based attacks.
- See also: Category:Snake#Known practitioners, Category:Dragon#Known practitioners, and Category:Divine#Known practitioners
- Naomi (in Konjiki no Gash Bell!! Unare! Yūjō no Zakeru 2 as human summoning "magic")
- Pamoon, Shelby, and Lance (via Pendaramu Faruga, a five-headed star beast)
- Rein and Kyle (via Garubadosu Aborodio and Shin Garubadosu Aborodio, giant claw beasts)
- Riya and Alishie (via Shaou Niodoruku, a bear)
- Riou and Banikis Gigo
- Souma and Mitsuhiro Kunieda (arguably Baruto Desutorāda, a giant undead skull)
- Tsao-Lon and Gensou (via Zaou Giruerudo, a shark)
- Wiseman and Kotoha (via Kirudesuzoru, an explosive serpent-like beast)
- Wonrei and Li-en (via tiger-summoning spells)
Mamodos that can create living creatures or animate non-objects. This may or may not be considered Beast Magic, but being "animated," they are considered "artificial animals" regardless of their appearance.
- Biburio and Nasuka Sakuma (via Animation Magic to animate objects)
- Cut N' Paste and Kiichiro (animating paper cuts via Paperuku)
- Pokkerio and Periko (via Barujuron to animate trees)
- Sugino and Haru (via his plant spells that are animated)
Mamodos that can clone their body. This may or may not be considered Beast Magic but being animate, duplicates of animals or mamodos are considered to be "artificial animals" or "artificial mamodos."
- Kanchomé and Parco Folgore (via Dima Buruku)
- Kido and Dr. Riddles (via Koburuku but the clones could robots and not actually "animal")
- Animal Manipulation on Superpower Wiki
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Beast"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.